1. I’m too old for certain things
Certain people, certain outfits, certain parties, certain job descriptions, certain excuses.
2. The wonders of the GRID foam roller
and how it is much more relaxing and much more painful than yoga. Thank you, 360!
3. It is important to surround yourself with people who are smarter than you
because you can’t go around thinking you’re brilliant when there are four billion people out there who are better than you.
4. Common sense is not so common.
I know people have been saying that for years but I’ve only had the wonderful opportunity to experience it in all it’s glory in 2013. Lovely.
And if I can watch all six seasons of Sex and the City in two weeks, so can the producers of The Carrie Diaries. S04E17 tells us that Carrie’s dad walked out on them when she was little. Tsk Tsk. #involved
6. Life is about finding the perfect partners.
Creative partners included.
7. How far and how fast I can run if I put my heart into it.
The numbers aren’t great. Haha.
8. If you start/run a business thinking about how you can earn much more than you spend instead of how to give your customers excellent service, you will fail.
My mommy taught me that.
9. This is not a guilty pleasure.
If they ever come to the Philippines, I will be there front row and center. Loud and proud! I might have to bring my four baby cousins because I don’t want to be an old lady alone in a concert. 1D fan shirt pending for approval.
10. Apple is better than Samsung.
My 3 year old iPhone 4 has better survived my abuse than my 8 month old Samsung S3.
11. How to wear lipstick and fill in my eyebrows
while sitting in traffic.
12. There will always be people who constantly pat themselves on the back and/or boast about how much they have to do
Doing what is expected of you does not merit praise, it only means you’ve earned your paycheck.
Accomplishments should be obvious otherwise they are insignificant.
'Busy' isn't attractive, it's inefficient.
13. Unnecessary sources of stress are inevitable.
This year, I hope to learn how to handle them better.
14. Nothing much has changed in the last 365 days and that is the biggest tragedy of all.
This is a whiny and boring list that could have been accomplished in 3 months, not 12.